Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Author Interview: Clive Precious

I'm an amateur student of the occult, folklore, witchcraft and anything else that is unexplained.


How long have you been publishing?

My first book, Mambo, was published back in 2010.


Tell us about your latest book.  

My latest release is Pack Hunters – The Trust Casefiles 2 which concerns a unit of demon hunters who are attempting to track down a pack of werewolves who have abducted a plane full of people.

Who are your major influences?

I’ve always been a fan of The Saint stories by Leslie Charteris.

What drew you to the horror genre?

As long as I can remember, I always enjoyed the majority of the horror films made by Hammer Studios.

Do you invent your own types of characters, or rework the standard vampires, ghosts, etc?

Most of the monsters and demons I use tend to be loosely based on the folklore that influenced the current version of vampires and werewolves.

Are you a fan of horror movies, as well?

Yes, I am.

If so, which ones are your favorites?

Mainly the British horror films (Hammer, Amicus, Tigon) that were made during the late fifties and seventies.

What’s the difference between horror books and horror films?

It seems to me that most horror films today are more focused about putting in as much gore as possible.

Why has the genre enjoyed resurgence in popularity over the past few years?

I can only speculate that one of the reasons is that quite a few independent film makers choose to use the genre.

What’s the best part about being a horror writer?

Reading the comments from people who enjoy what I’ve written.

What’s the worst?

Doing publicity.

Do you think fans of horror are more devoted to genre?

I’m a member of a number of horror related groups on facebook and based on the regular comments posted, I’d have to say yes.

Is there a difference in the type of stories you are telling, or the way you are telling them, than traditionally published horror writers?

One thing I do that I believe is unique is that I choose whether each character I create lives or dies at random.

What does your family think of your writing career?

I’d be surprised if any of my family even knew, I don’t really anything to do with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment