Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lights, Camera, Nomination!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I have been extremely busy with a couple of projects.

First of all, I worked on a short film that will be shown at the Summer Drive In during the Time Warp Soul Cinema night on April 26th. It's an exploitation piece that I did sound (amongst other things) on. The footage I've seen looks pretty great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I had the pleasure of working with a talented group of filmmakers from Azbest Films. They are currently in post production on a feature entitled I Filmed Your Death. It should be released later this year. (I make a memorable cameo appearance, as well.) We have decided to make a short a month, allowing everyone to have a chance to learn various aspects of film making. As such, I have written a new script for a short that I hope to direct in the coming months. More information on that as things get moving on it.



In other news, The Check Out has been nominated for 2 awards!


The first nomination comes from the Southern Independent Booksellers Association. The nominations come from actual bookstore employers in the South and can only be voted on by them.

From their site:

Each year, hundreds of booksellers across the South vote on their favorite "handsell" books of the year. These are the "southern" books they have most enjoyed selling to customers; the ones that they couldn't stop talking about. The SIBA Book Award was created to recognize great books of southern origin.

I am extremely honored that people who make a living recommending books enjoyed selling mine enough to nominate me for an award! Thank you guys so much!


The second nomination is from Indie Author Land in their 50 Self Published Books Worth Reading awards. The Check Out was nominated in the Thriller category.

Voting is open to the public for this contest, so PLEASE VOTE FOR THE CHECK OUT HERE!

Thank you to everyone for spreading the word about The Check Out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment